|English: Metro Toronto Convention Centre (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Are you a recent immigrant in Toronto? Then don’t miss the sixth annual Career, Education & Settlement Immigrant Fair on Wednesday, June 8, 2016 – one week away!
This free event, from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre
(255 Front St. W), is a great kickstart to your successful immigration journey in Canada.
Presented in association with Centennial College
, this event provides information and inspiration on three pillars for succeeding in Canada: careers, education, and settlement.
Ten reasons to visit this free immigrant fair
1. Visit the tradeshow of exhibitors including job opportunities at Bell, North West Company, Toronto Police Services and in the mining sector.
2. Get information from settlement agencies and services providers to help you in your new life in Toronto.
3. Get information on educational opportunities and bridging programs at local post-secondary institutes to help you maximize your foreign credentials and get back into your profession, from law to nursing to accounting (CPA), and everything in between.
4. Bring your resumé for some personal advice at our popular day-long Resumé Clinic.
5. Listen to Keynote address by talent management guru Chandran Fernando of Matrix Search Group on what companies look for in talent.
6. Be inspired by the morning speech from Syrian refugee, Nanor Balyozian, who has found success and happiness in Canada.
7. Get tips from some amazing mentors with our Speed Mentoring activity by ACCES Employment (11 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
8. Get tips on taking the IELTS
and CELPIP-GENERAL English tests with great success.
9. Ask your job search questions directly to a panel of experts in our first-ever moderated Q & A panel session on careers in Canada.
10. Speak clearer with help from our first-ever on-site Accent Reduction Workshop. Don’t let your communication skills be a barrier to your success!
Who’s exhibiting at the fair?
Here is the list of exhibitors that will be on the tradeshow floor of the Career, Education & Settlement Immigrant Fair in Toronto.
Associate Sponsor: Centennial College
Platinum Sponsor: Osgoode Professional Development – YORK University
Platinum Sponsor: Paragon Testing Enterprises (CELPIP English Tests)
Platinum Sponsor: CPA Ontario
Gold Sponsor: The Career Foundation
Gold Sponsor: Humber College – New to Canada
Gold Sponsor: Chatr
Automotive Training Centre
Brazolot Migration Group
Canadian College of Massage & Hydrotherapy
Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
Care Centre for IENs
Career Connections-Insurance Institute
Global Experience Ontario
Health Force Ontario
I Dream Canada International Inc.
ICAS of Canada
Information and Communications Technology Council (ICTC)
Kelen Immigration Services
McMaster University- W Booth School of Engineering
Metroland Media Group
Mining HR Council
Munera Professional Corporation
New Horizons Media
Next Step Employment Centres-TDSB
North West Company
Northwestern Ontario Immigration Portal
OMVIC – Ontario’s Vehicle Sales Regulator
Ontario Society of Professional Engineers
Professional Access Into Employment (PAIE)/Toronto & Region Conservation Authority
Residence & Conference Centre
RMA-Real Mortgage Associates
Speech Science- Bonnie Gross
St. Stephen’s Community House
Supply Chain Management Association Ontario-SCMAO
Sutherland-Chan School of Massage Therapy
The Chang School of Continuing Education
Thorncliffe Neighbourhood Office
Toronto Police Services
YMCA of Greater Toronto