Home » 2016 » November

Monthly Archives: November 2016

Tips for Internationally Educated Nurses

British nurse in nurses' station.
British nurse in nurses’ station. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

What you need to know about becoming a nurse in Ontario.

Ontario welcomes internationally educated nurses (IENs) who willingly want to relocate and even has a specific government program in place to enable them to practice and excel in the shortest time possible. However all nurses, regardless of background must successfully accomplish the same steps as Ontario nursing students, including:
*Getting licensed or registered by the College of Nurses of Ontario. This entails writing the national registered nurse examination as part of the registration program.

Learn more at Four Steps to Become a Registered Nurse.

Becoming a Registered Nurse

If you are interested in caring for people and are a high school graduate, you can eventually become a Registered Nurse (RN). There are some steps you need to take before you can turn your dream into a career, but they are straightforward and you’ll find there is plenty of support along the way. If you are interested in becoming a Nurse Practitioner, the steps follow below.

Step #1. You will need a post-secondary education.

Why? All provincial and territorial nurses’ associations have adopted the goal of having a baccalaureate requirement for entry into nursing. Evidence supports the fact that baccalaureate-prepared nurses are most able to provide safe, ethical, cost-effective and high-quality nursing care for Canadians.

The trend toward a university education for Registered Nurses (RNs) is here: with the exception of students in Quebec, students must choose to obtain a baccalaureate degree in nursing in order to prepare for an RN career.

Step #2. You need to apply to the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) directly for an assessment.
All nursing graduates who plan to practice in Ontario must be registered with the CNO.
Once you are deemed eligible (after applying), you’ll take the registration exam. Why? This exam is designed to measure the competencies of nurses at the start of your practice.
In addition to the registration exam, you must successfully complete a separate jurisprudence exam by the College designed to evaluate your knowledge and understanding of the laws, regulations, and College by-laws, practice standards and guidelines that govern the nursing profession in Ontario. The RN Jurisprudence Exam is completed online.
Step #3. If you pass, you must meet four other requirements to be “registered” by a provincial or territorial nursing regulatory body in Canada.
After completing an eligible education program, showing the College evidence of recent safe nursing practice (usually completing the program) as well as successful completion of the national nursing registration examination; you must then show:

  • Evidence of fluency in written and spoken
    English or French.
  • Registration or eligibility for registration in the jurisdiction where a nursing program was completed.
  • Proof of Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency, or authorization under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) to engage in the practice of nursing. *Good character and suitability to practice, as indicated by a Declaration of Registration Requirements and a Canadian Criminal Record Synopsis.

A valid certificate of registration from the College is required of all nurses who wish to practice nursing in Ontario and perform the procedures in theControlled Acts that are authorized to nursing.  The only member of the College is allowed to refer themselves as nurses in Ontario.

Step #4. Evolve your competencies.
Because nursing is a self-regulating profession, establishing and maintaining high standards of practice is critical — not only for the safety of patients but also the long-term advancement of the nursing profession. Researching and expanding nursing competencies through best practice development is another important contribution RNs can make after they begin to practice.

How to Become a Nurse Practitioner
In Ontario, Registered Nurses (RNs) with additional education and experience are in the Extended Class, also known as Nurse Practitioners (NPs). NPs have an expanded scope of practice including the ability to order and interpret diagnostic tests, communicate diagnoses, prescribe prescription drugs, and perform specific procedures.
NP is a protected title in Ontario (since August 2007). There are four NP specialty certificates within the Extended Class: NP-Primary Health Care, NP-Pediatric, NP-Adult, and NP-Anesthesia.
To become an NP in Ontario:

  • RNs must have obtained advanced education;
  • demonstrate evidence of safe practice; and
  • have passed an approved registration exam
    for the specialty certificate they want to pursue.

The CARE Program
Since 2001, a bridging program called CARE (Creating Access to Regulated Employment for Nurses), has assisted more than 1000 internationally educated nurses from over 140 countries to become registered nurses in Ontario. The program’s facets include supporting language requirements, an alumni networking group of CARE nurses, registered nursing exam preparation assistance, and observational job shadowing.
An evaluation of the initiative revealed that the CARE program doubled the success rate for internationally educated nurses writing the registration exam to 66 per cent from 33 per cent.
International RNs will need to obtain a visa to study or work in Canada. Contact a Canadian embassy or consulate regarding the criteria and procedures. To work in Canada, you may need an offer of employment.

Source: http://careersinnursing.ca/new-nursing-and-students/becoming-registered-nurse


Internationally Educated Nurses: Applying for Registration in Alberta

English: A view from the south of the Universi...
English: A view from the south of the University Hospital complex on the north campus of the University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

IMPORTANT: To work or accept employment in Alberta, Canada, Licensed Practical Nurses must have registration and a valid Practice Permit from the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta (CLPNA), as per the Health Professions Act (HPA) of Alberta.
Starting August 12, 2014, all internationally educated nurses (IENs) who wish to work as a Licensed Practical Nurse in Alberta must FIRST apply to the National Nursing Assessment Service (NNAS).
Any applications that CLPNA receives from IENs on or after August 12, 2014 will be returned to applicants with instructions on how to apply through NNAS.

Applying to NNAS is for any internationally educated nurse (IEN) applicant who:

  • is a graduate of a nursing education program outside of Canada; and
  • is not currently registered to practice as a nurse anywhere within Canada as a Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN).
If you do not meet the above criteria, see “If you are not eligible to apply through NNAS”
Already applied? Applicants who have already submitted their IEN Application for Registration and paid the required fee to CLPNA on or before August 11, 2014 will be assessed under our former process and will not be required to reapply through NNAS.

Did you read The LPN Profession in Alberta?

How to Apply

Effective August 12, 2014, all internationally educated nurses must follow these steps (in order):
  1. Apply to the National Nursing Assessment Service (NNAS)

    1. Set up an online account with National Nursing Assessment Service (NNAS) at www.nnas.ca.
    2. Complete the online application.
    3. Pay the required fee.
    4. Follow the instructions about which documents to submit for verification.
    5. Once your file is complete, NNAS will evaluate it and provide you with online access to an Advisory Report, which contains the results of the evaluation. NNAS will also send a copy of this report to the relevant regulatory body.
    6. You can now apply directly to the regulatory body of your choice and pay their application fee. You will be able to do this from your NNAS online account.
  2. Apply to the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta (CLPNA)

    1. After submitting your NNAS Advisory Report to CLPNA, CLPNA will ask you to complete an Internationally Educated Nurse (IEN) Application for Registration and pay the required fee.
    2. Once your file is complete, CLPNA will assess your file to determine whether you meet CLPNA’s:
      1. Registration Requirements for Internationally Educated Nurses (PDF)
      2. English Language Testing Standards
    3. CLPNA will notify you if you’ve been approved for registration and/or if further requirements need to be met.
Questions about the NNAS application process? Contact NNAS’s Customer Care Department at www.nnas.ca/help.
Questions about the CLPNA’s registration process? Contact CLPNA’s International Services Department at international@clpna.com or 780-484-8886.

If you are not eligible to apply through NNAS

Those not qualified to apply through NNAS have several options:
  • If you were previously registered/licensed as an Licensed Practical Nurse (or Registered Practical Nurse) in any jurisdiction/province in Canada, you may apply for registration using another route:
  • Individuals who do not meet NNAS or CLPNA’s registration requirements are advised to contact the schools below for the assessment of nursing credentials and/or clinical competence. Completion of a Practical Nurse program may be required.
Anyone who has not practiced as a nurse in the past ten (10) years is required to complete a full Practical Nurse program.
NorQuest CollegeOffice of Registrar
10232 106 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 1L6
Phone 780-644-6000Intake: Continuous
Website: Practical Nurse Refresher
Bow Valley CollegeProspective Student Centre
332-6 Avenue SE
Calgary, Alberta T2G 4S6
recruiting@bowvalleycollege.caPhone: 403-410-1402Intake: January, April, August
Website: Practical Nurse Diploma for Internationally Educated Nurses


Individuals not previously educated in nursing (ie. paramedics, physicians, midwifes, etc), but interested in becoming a Licensed Practical Nurse in Alberta, should contact NorQuest College or Bow Valley College to determine if any transfer credit may apply.



How to work as an international Trained Nurse in Ontario

Czech nursing students.
Czech nursing students. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
In Ontario, nursing is one profession with two categories – Registered Nurses (RNs) and Registered Practical Nurses (RPNs). RNs and RPNs study from the same body of nursing knowledge. Programs for RN students are longer and more in depth, while RPN students study for a shorter time, resulting in a more focused body of knowledge.
If you are an internationally trained nurse and you want to practise in Ontario you must register with the College of Nurses of Ontario. To find out how to register, view the career map in the ‘Tools and Information’ section of this page.

Tools and Information

The Ontario Government has partnered with the College of Nurses of Ontario to create a Career Map for internationally trained nurses. The Career Map explains in detail every step of the registration process including the language requirements, labour market conditions, the credential assessment process and other important information.

Getting Help


HealthForceOntario offers a number of services to health professionals, including a recruitment centre and jobs listing service.
Entry to practice requirements: You can find information on how you can practise as a regulated nurse in Ontario on HealthForceOntario.
Bridge training programs: If you are qualified in your profession but new to Ontario, you may benefit from a bridging program. Bridging programs help qualified immigrants move more quickly into their professions without duplicating what they have already learned.

Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) for Internationally Educated Nurses

York University

This program helps internationally educated nurses obtain the credentials needed to practice as a registered nurse in Ontario. The program offers participants academic training, skills upgrading, language training and clinical experience.
Program graduates receive a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree and are qualified to write the Canadian Registered Nurses Exam.
Website: http://nurs.info.yorku.ca/bachelor-of-science-in-nursing-for-internationally-educated-nurses/
Contact: Heather Maunder
Telephone: 416-736-2100 ext. 30009
Email: ien@yorku.ca
Location: Toronto

Bridging for Internationally Educated Nurses (BIEN)

Fanshawe College of Applied Arts and Technology

This program helps internationally educated nurses meet the regulatory requirements to become registered nurses and registered practical nurses in the province of Ontario. The program provides participants with academic and occupation-specific language training, registration exam preparation support as well as supervised clinical placements and mentorship opportunities.

Practical Nursing Bridging Program for Internationally Educated Nurses

Centennial College of Applied Arts and Technology

This program offers courses in occupation-specific language, workplace culture and communication, technical skills, clinical practice in simulation labs, Canadian work experience opportunities, employment preparation workshops and exam preparation.
Centennial College also offers pre-program courses for internationally educated nurses waiting for their Letter of Direction from the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO). The pre-program prepares internationally educated nurses for success in Centennial College’s main bridge training diploma program.

Building Internationally Educated Nurses’ Intercultural Competence through Technologically Enhanced Learning

York University

This program is designed to increase internationally educated nurses’ intercultural awareness using technology enhanced learning. This program is a component of York University’s Bachelor of Science in Nursing for Internationally Educated Nurses program, and is available to participants of the program.
Website: www.intercc.info/
Contact: Dr. Patricia Bradley
Telephone: 416-736 2100 ext 33182
Email: bradleyp@yorku.ca
Location: Toronto

CARE Centre for Internationally Educated Nurses

CARE Centre for Internationally Educated Nurses

This program provides exam preparation, nursing-specific language training, counselling, financial advice, workshops, job shadowing, networking opportunities and job shadowing through health agencies in Ontario. CARE now has locations in Toronto, Brampton, Hamilton, Kingston and London.
Contact: Susan VanDeVelde-Coke, Executive Director
Website: www.care4nurses.org
Email: zramji@care4nurses.org
Telephone: 416-226-2800 ext 226
Location: Toronto, Hamilton, Peel, London, Windsor

Academic Pathway for Nurses Graduate Certificate

George Brown College of Applied Arts and Technology

This program helps internationally educated nurses prepare for registration and employment by providing academic coursework, clinical placements, training workshops as well as mentoring and job search support opportunities. On-line courses will be developed and delivered in order to increase the flexibility of the program for participants. Completing the program leads to a nursing graduate certificate.

Internationally Educated Nurse (IEN) & English as a Second Language (ESL) Nursing Project

Hamilton Health Sciences

This program is for internationally trained registered nurses and registered practical nurses working at Hamilton Health Sciences Centre. The program provides services to address training and employment needs from recruitment and orientation to full clinical integration. The program also includes clinical assessment, clinical skills development, problem-solving, communication skills training, team relationships, professionalism and managing conflict in a hospital setting.
Website: www.hamiltonhealthsciences.ca/body.cfm?id=2257
Contact: Daniela Dijmarescu, Project Manager
Telephone: 905-521-2100 ext. 77512
Email: dijmares@hhsc.ca
Location: Hamilton

IEN Bridging Program

Algonquin College of Applied Arts and Technology

This program helps internationally educated nurses meet the requirements necessary to qualify for the registration examination and to practice in Ontario either as registered practical nurses (RPNs) or registered nurses (RNs). The program includes enhanced occupational-specific language training, in-class academic or simulated laboratory training, clinical placements, cultural competency, workplace preparation and registration exam support.
Website: www2.algonquincollege.com/healthandcommunity/
Contact: Michelle Morley, Coordinator
Email: morleym@algonquincollege.com
Telephone: 613-727-4723 ext. 5339
Location: Ottawa

Bridging for Internationally Educated Nurses

Mohawk College of Applied Arts and Technology

Mohawk College’s Bridging for Internationally Educated Nurses program now provides distance education and online learning opportunities to internationally educated nurses in the Niagara, Kitchener-Waterloo, Halton, and Peel Regions.
This program helps internationally educated nurses prepare for licensure. The program offers prior learning assessment, academic and occupation-specific language training, and work experience opportunities. Upon completion of the program, graduates also receive an Ontario College Certificate from Mohawk College.
Contact: Nancy Brown-Fellows, Program Manager
Telephone: 905-540-4247 ext. 26737
Website: www.mohawkcollege.ca/continuing-education/bridging-international-nurses-certificate.html
Email: http://www.mohawkcollege.ca/continuing-education/contact-us/contact-nancy-brown-fellows.html
Location: Hamilton, Kitchener/Waterloo, Niagara region

“Test for Success”: Multifaceted Program to Promote Internationally Educated Nurse Success on the Canadian Registered Nurse Exam (CRNE)

York University

The “Test for Success” curriculum has been embedded in York University’s Bachelor of Science in Nursing for Internationally Educated Nurses program. A website has been created for participants to learn effective test-taking strategies and take practice tests in preparation for the Canadian Registered Nurse Examination. This component is available only to participants of the BScN for Internationally Educated Nurses program.
Website: http://nurs.info.yorku.ca/
Contact: Dr. Patricia Bradley
Telephone: 416-736-2100 ext. 33182
Email: bradleyp@yorku.ca
Location: Toronto

Regulatory Body

College of Nurses of Ontario
101 Davenport Road
Toronto, ON M5R 3P1
Telephone: 416-928-0900
Toll Free 1-800-387-5526
Fax: 416-928-6507
Email: cno@cnomail.org
Website: www.cno.org

To learn about occupations in Canada, visit 
Job Bank.Learning More

This site will help you identify the name of your occupation in Canada. It will also give you important information about your profession in many regions of Canada, including job duties, skill requirements and wage rates.

Source: http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/working/OI_HOW_WORK_NURSE.html


What the Changes to Canada’s Express Entry Immigration System Mean for You –

English: International Students
English: International Students (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
By David Cohen
Canadian immigration attorney

On November 19, 2016, the government of Canada implemented a range of improvements to the Express Entry immigration selection system. Each candidate in the pool, as well as those thinking of creating an Express Entry profile in the near future, should be aware of how these changes to the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) may affect their Canadian immigration goals.
Here are some of the highlights:
  • For the first time ever, Express Entry candidates who studied in Canada will be rewarded additional points.
  • Candidates with a job offer are no longer required to obtain a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), a document that proves no Canadian citizen or permanent resident is available for the position) in order to receive points for their job offer.
  • Candidates who receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence will now have 90 days to submit a complete application (including supporting documents) as opposed to the original 60 days.
Study, Graduate, then Immigrate
Every year, more and more of the world’s brightest minds are choosing to study in Canada. These international students and graduates are provided with increased opportunities to transition to permanent residence, and the latest improvements to the CRS reflect this. Canada’s Immigration Minister, John McCallum, recently said that international students are ‘the cream of the crop, in terms of future Canadians,’ and added that these candidates had until now been ‘shortchanged’ by the Express Entry system, which was first introduced by the previous government in January 2015.
More so than ever before, education is a pathway to permanent residence.
As of November 19, candidates who have completed a post-secondary program of three years or more in Canada, such as a bachelor’s degree, will get a 30-point bonus, as well as candidates who have completed a master’s degree, a doctorate, or a study program at the entry-to-practice professional degree level in Canada.
Candidates who have completed a one-year or two-year post-secondary program in Canada are also eligible for 15 additional CRS points.
It should be noted that these new additional points for international graduates are in addition to, not instead of, the points awarded for the general level of education. For example, in the past, a candidate who completed a bachelor’s degree at a Canadian university or college would receive 120 points for this factor alone (excluding points for combination factors). With the new changes, that same candidate will now get 150 points (120 points for the degree, plus an additional 30 points for the fact that it was obtained in Canada).
Which Credential to Assess
The government revealed in its year-end report on Express Entry that the median score for candidates in the pool who had studied in Canada was significantly higher compared to candidates who had not studied in Canada. The latest changes will benefit more graduates by providing the opportunity to apply for permanent residence through a federal economic immigration program.
For candidates who did not obtain their highest level of education in Canada, it should be noted that only the highest level of education needs to be assessed. For example, a candidate with a master’s degree and a bachelor’s degree that were obtained outside of Canada will only need to have the highest credential (in this case, the master’s degree) assessed by an accredited body such as World Education Services (WES).

Job Offers
Previously, a candidate would need to have a permanent job offer in a skilled position supported by the LMIA in order to be awarded points for a job offer under the CRS.
Although job offers still need to be in a skilled position in order for candidates to be awarded points, there are a number of important changes relating to arranged employment.
Candidates with a qualifying job offer will no longer be awarded 600 points. Instead, they may be awarded either 200 or 50 points.
  • A qualifying job offer is now worth 200 points if the offer is in an occupation contained in Major Group 00 of the National Occupational Classification (senior managerial level position). These occupations are:
    • Legislators
    • Senior government managers and officials
    • senior managers – financial, communications, and other business services
    • senior managers – health, education, social, and community services and membership organizations
    • senior managers – trade, broadcasting, and other services not elsewhere classified
    • senior managers – construction, transportation, production and utilities
  • A qualifying job offer in any other skilled occupation is now worth 50 points.

In addition, some candidates will not need to obtain a LMIA in order to be awarded points for a job offer under the CRS. In short, certain workers in Canada on employer-specific (‘closed’) work permits, such as a NAFTA work permit or an Intra-Company Transfer work permit, may claim CRS points without a LMIA. In these cases, the worker must have been working in Canada for at least one year and the job offer must be made by the same employer named on the work permit. 
However, not all workers in Canada may claim points for a job offer without first getting a LMIA. This list includes individuals on an open work permit, such as a Post-Graduation Work Permit, an International Experience Canada (IEC) work permit, or a Spousal/Common-Law Partner work permit.
Finally, the job offer duration requirement has also changed from ‘indeterminate’ to at least one year in duration.
Invitation to Apply (ITA)
The improvements to Express Entry are not just related to the ranking system itself. From now on, candidates who receive an ITA will have additional time to submit a complete application for permanent residence. Whereas previously an ITA was valid for 60 days, candidates will now have 90 days to submit an application after they receive an ITA.
New Points System
Since November 19, many candidates in the Express Entry pool may have noticed that the number of CRS points awarded to them has not gone up. However, candidates without a job offer in particular should note that their profile — even though it may have the same number of points as before — may become more competitive, particularly next to candidates with LMIA-based job offers who see their scores dropping by up to 550 points.
The Express Entry pool is a competitive environment, where candidates’ profiles are ranked against each other and the highest-ranked candidates are in a stronger position to receive an ITA when a draw is made. As of November 19, the value of a job offer decreased from 600 points to either 200 or 50 points (depending on the position offered). Last year, nearly half (46.6%) of all ITAs were issued to candidates with a job offer.
The changes leave the Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) as the single most valuable factor under the CRS. A provincial nomination certificate obtained through a PNP category aligned with the Express Entry system is still worth 600 points. With more immigrants set to come to Canada through a PNP in 2017, it’s arguably more important than ever for candidates to stay up to date on these programs.
Candidates in the Express Entry pool, as well as individuals thinking of creating an Express Entry profile, can use the new and improved CRS Calculator to find out what their score would be under the new points system.
Exciting Time for Changes
Over the past couple of months, the number of ITAs issued in Express Entry draws has increased considerably. As recently as August 24, 2016, only 750 candidates were issued an ITA and the CRS cut-off point was 538. Since then, however, the number of ITAs issued has gone up six times in a row, and the CRS cut-off point has dropped to its most recent level of 470. The most recent Express Entry draw issued an ITA to 2,427 candidates.

This is all part of the government’s stated plan to make Express Entry the main focus of economic immigration to Canada. Next year, the number of newcomers arriving in Canada through one of the federal economic immigration programs will increase by 23 percent. To learn more about Canada’s Immigration Plan for 2017, including why and how Canada will welcome more candidates through Express Entry next year, see this other article I wrote for WES Advisor. 

See more at: http://www.wesstudentadvisor.org/2016/11/what-changes-to-canadas-express-entry.html?&mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiWm1WaVpqVXlNRGxqTkRNNCIsInQiOiJ2Nk9CTmUxYUFnR2xobkx3SE1UTFp4bVBwK0JGWENURUIwZ1NyRUFXU2UwT2FJWisyZkpxRUpFUDIwMmsxYlRrdmZ4U3Y3K0VwUTNyTzBsSGI0Wkkxc0dsUEpuM2dMbW92K2d0aWFyeHpDcz0ifQ%3D%3D#.dpuf

IRCC Releases Instructions for Candidates Who May Claim Additional CRS Points

On November 19, 2016, Immigration, Citizenship, and Refugees Canada (IRCC) implemented several important changes to the Express Entry system and its Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). These changes, which were presented in detail in a previous article, include the introduction of points for Canadian post-secondary educational credentials, changes to the allocation of points for qualifying job offers, and the extension of the application submission period after an Invitation to Apply (ITA) is received.

Candidates in the Express Entry pool are ranked according to their CRS points score. Consequently, after the reform that took effect as of November 19, some candidates in the Express Entry pool may be able to update their scores.

What to Do Next

If candidates think they are affected by the changes, IRCC instructs that they should:
  1. Log into their online account and update their Express Entry profile by answering the new questions IRCC has added to the system.
  2. After a profile is updated, the candidate’s CRS score may be updated.
IRCC also states that ‘invitation rounds will begin again in the coming weeks. This will give those affected by the changes time to update their Express Entry profile. All CRS scores will be updated before the next invitation round.’
The instructions state that if candidates do not think they are affected by the changes to the Express Entry system, they do not need to do anything.

The Importance of Updating Your Profile

If a candidate does not update his or her profile promptly, he or she may be at risk of missing out on an ITA in a future draw. Almost half of all individuals invited to apply so far in 2016 had a qualifying job offer. Now that job offers are awarded fewer points, candidates in the pool without a job offer may find themselves in a stronger position to receive an ITA.
Moreover, a provincial nomination is now the single most valuable factor in the Express Entry system. A nomination certificate from a Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) is still awarded 600 points, as was the case before the recent changes to the system were made. Maintaining an updated profile and staying up to date with PNP openings is more important than ever to a candidate’s chances of obtaining an ITA.
It is important to note that individuals who have already received an ITA, including those who received an ITA in the most recent draw on November 16, 2016, are not affected by the changes that came into force on November 19, 2016. These individuals will see their applications processed according to the conditions in place at the time they received their ITA.

A Time for Action

“Now, more than ever, it is crucial that candidates take the time to update their Express Entry profile to accurately reflect their experience and credentials,” says Attorney David Cohen. “Under the new system, many candidates may be able to claim points that were not available to them under the old system. Those individuals who are ready and active in updating their profile are in the best position to take advantage of new opportunities to move ahead with their immigration project.
“These changes reflect the ongoing commitment by IRCC to improve the Express Entry system and continue to invite talented individuals and families who will benefit Canada’s economy and society. It is important that candidates in the pool respond to these changes to maximize their chances of being among those invited to apply.”
Source: http://www.cicnews.com/2016/11/ircc-releases-instructions-for-candidates-who-may-claim-additional-crs-points-118702.html
%d bloggers like this: