Looking to immigrate to Canada? Canada is ranked the #1 most attractive destination for immigrant workers by The Boston Consulting Group! CGI’s global delivery Centre in Atlantic Canada is growing rapidly, with exciting work opportunities to serve dynamic global enterprise clients from our offices in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island as well as remote work from our beautiful rural communities.
We are now welcoming international candidates to join us in delivering a vast array of business and technology solutions for leading organizations. The work permit process is handled by CGI, in partnership with a specialized law firm. Successful candidates and their family will benefit from a personalized attention throughout their immigration process and their onboarding period at CGI.
Who is CGI? We are Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere. CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is also a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability.
As the Quality Engineer, you will leverage your knowledge to ensure the software delivered to our clients respect agreed quality standards. This role requires communication and interaction with multiple and puts to the test your analytics skills. You will work with a diverse portfolio of technologies while contributing to several projects. Work and learn from some very experienced and hardworking quality engineers and tap into your expertise and become a key part of large client engagements with CGI!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Perform requirements analysis and quality risk analysis;
• Support creation of Test Strategies & Test Plans;
• Develop and maintain test cases, automated scripts, and traceability matrices;
• Facilitate the identification and preparation of test data;
• Ensure quality processes are followed;
• Execute system and integration test scripts;
• Detect, log, and retest defects;
• Participate and contribute to the Lessons Learned Sessions and knowledge transition activities;
• Communicate progress of testing activities to the team/test lead or directly to client;
• Produce “client” and “internal” status reports;
• Maintain a solid understanding of software testing best practices, methodologies, and terminologies;
• Coach and mentor other members.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and/or Business OR Diploma in IT and/or Business with equivalent IT experience;
• 5+ years of testing experience;
• Working experience with industry standard test management tools (ex. JIRA, Micro Focus ALM, etc.)
• Working experience with functional automation test tools, specifically Selenium;
• Working experience with industry standard API automation test tools (ex. Smartbear SoapUI, REST-Assured, ParaSoft SOATest, etc.)
• Working knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC);
• Working experience in Agile methodologies;
• Working experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD) frameworks and experience working with cucumber and gherkin;
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact directly with Client Stakeholders, Senior Management, and/or our technology partners;
• Positive attitude;
• Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members;
• Demonstrate the ability to provide information and ideas in a clear, comprehensive, concise and organized manner.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at http://www.cgi.com.