U.K. nationals are now able to apply for expedited work permits to work in Canada.
The post-Brexit trade agreement between Canada and the U.K. came into effect on April 1, 2021.
U.K. nationals who were previously covered under CETA are now eligible for work permits under CUKTCA, which stands for the Canada-UK Trade Continuity Agreement.
These work permit programs allow for expedited processing because they do not require a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).
Expedited work permit programs for UK nationals include:
- Business Visitors
- Contractors and Professionals
- Intra-company Transferees
- Engineering Scientific Technologists
If you are a U.K. national already working in Canada under CETA and you want to extend your work permit, you have to fill out a new application for CUKTCA.
Wage Offered: 16.60 CAD
Full-time 2 year contract.
Wage: 16.60 CAD/hour
Home support workers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Provide care and companionship for individuals and families during periods of incapacitation, convalescence or family disruption
- Administer bedside and personal care to clients such as aid in ambulation, bathing, personal hygiene, and dressing and undressing
- Plan and prepare meals and special diets, and feed or assist in feeding clients
- May perform routine health-related duties such as changing non-sterile dressings, assisting in the administration of medications and collecting specimens under the general direction of home care agency supervisor or nurse
- May perform routine housekeeping duties such as laundry, washing dishes, and making beds.
- Secondary school education
- Home management experience
- College or other courses in-home support is an asset.
- First aid certification may be required.
- Completion of a training program in care of the elderly, care of persons with disabilities, convalescent care or in a related field.
- Excellent English skills
- Ability to buy a car upon arrival in Canada
- Minimum one year experience working in a nursing home
- Experience in all aspects of caring for seniors
- Travel is required as this is in-home care in various locations in Newfoundland