Dining and Bar located in SK is looking for a talented experienced CHEF
Full time 2-year contract Wage: 18.50 CAD/hour Hours: 40 a week
- Organize the kitchen, schedule staff
- Plan menu, determine daily specials
- Instruct staff in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food
- Plan, direct and supervise food preparation and cooking activities
- Prepare and cook food to the highest standards while following safe food handling procedures
- Maintain records of food costs, consumption, sales, and inventory
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Ability to deal well with a variety of people: customers, fellow employees, and management
- Initiative, good judgment, and ability to make quick decisions under sometimes stressful conditions
- Responsible, reliable, honest
- High standard of cleanliness and hygiene
- Ability to manage multiple cook orders and prepare properly for staff to serve customers
- Able to stand and walk for extended periods.
- Able to do some heavy lifting
- Attention to detail as per allergies
- A food safety certificate would be an asset
- At least 5 years of experience in continental and French cuisine.
2 years full time Job, Year round
- Prepare soil; plant bulbs, seedlings and cuttings; graft and bud plants; and transplant seedlings and rooted cuttings
- Monitor trees for healthy growth and potential weed, insect, disease, and fertilizer problems in crops
- Installing seedlings in fields and nursery
- Position and regulate irrigation systems to water trees
- Acquiring, processing and planting to produce new trees as well as harvesting, packaging and field planting
- Put material into processing boxes for reproduction
- Other duties required
- Attention to detail
- Able to lift 30 pounds repetitively
- No allergies to pollen
- Working outdoors (90% outdoors)
- Able to work standing up for several hours at a time
- Tree growing experience is an asset
- 32 per week minimum
A small, family owned business that has been in the honey industry for over half a century in Manitoba is looking for a Seasonal bee keeper/Apiary worker
This is your chance to Work with honey bees on a honey farm
- • Harvest honey
- • Detect and treat bee diseases
- • Operate and maintain apiary related machinery and equipment
- • Apiary work
- • Write daily basic progress reports
- • Feed and care for bees
- • Move hives and collect honey
- • Move the bees within different sites of the farm depending on the season
- • Assist in making nucs
- 1400 hives Honey production
Seasonal Position 7 months May to November
- -Education: Not required
- -Experience is an asset
- -Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Standing for extended periods, Walking, Bending, crouching, kneeling, Overtime required
- -Personal suitability: Organized, Effective interpersonal skills, Flexibility, Judgement, Team player
- -Work site environment: Outdoors, Hot weather
Work schedule is from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Schedule may vary depending on the weather. Flexibility on schedule is required. May have to work some Saturdays. Sundays are off.
Disability benefits and extended medical insurance. Transportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate. Accommodation at the farm is 30 CAD/week
Looking to immigrate to Canada? Canada is ranked the #1 most attractive destination for immigrant workers by The Boston Consulting Group! CGI’s global delivery Centre in Atlantic Canada is growing rapidly, with exciting work opportunities to serve dynamic global enterprise clients from our offices in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island as well as remote work from our beautiful rural communities.
We are now welcoming international candidates to join us in delivering a vast array of business and technology solutions for leading organizations. The work permit process is handled by CGI, in partnership with a specialized law firm. Successful candidates and their family will benefit from a personalized attention throughout their immigration process and their onboarding period at CGI.
Who is CGI? We are Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere. CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is also a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability.
As the Quality Engineer, you will leverage your knowledge to ensure the software delivered to our clients respect agreed quality standards. This role requires communication and interaction with multiple and puts to the test your analytics skills. You will work with a diverse portfolio of technologies while contributing to several projects. Work and learn from some very experienced and hardworking quality engineers and tap into your expertise and become a key part of large client engagements with CGI!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Perform requirements analysis and quality risk analysis;
• Support creation of Test Strategies & Test Plans;
• Develop and maintain test cases, automated scripts, and traceability matrices;
• Facilitate the identification and preparation of test data;
• Ensure quality processes are followed;
• Execute system and integration test scripts;
• Detect, log, and retest defects;
• Participate and contribute to the Lessons Learned Sessions and knowledge transition activities;
• Communicate progress of testing activities to the team/test lead or directly to client;
• Produce “client” and “internal” status reports;
• Maintain a solid understanding of software testing best practices, methodologies, and terminologies;
• Coach and mentor other members.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and/or Business OR Diploma in IT and/or Business with equivalent IT experience;
• 5+ years of testing experience;
• Working experience with industry standard test management tools (ex. JIRA, Micro Focus ALM, etc.)
• Working experience with functional automation test tools, specifically Selenium;
• Working experience with industry standard API automation test tools (ex. Smartbear SoapUI, REST-Assured, ParaSoft SOATest, etc.)
• Working knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC);
• Working experience in Agile methodologies;
• Working experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD) frameworks and experience working with cucumber and gherkin;
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact directly with Client Stakeholders, Senior Management, and/or our technology partners;
• Positive attitude;
• Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members;
• Demonstrate the ability to provide information and ideas in a clear, comprehensive, concise and organized manner.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at http://www.cgi.com.